A wealth of activities are available in the Whangarei Heads area.
On your doorstep
Take time to appreciate the natural beauty of your surroundings on your doorstep. Feed the ducks in the morning, wander through the Kauri Forest after breakfast, go swimming or kayaking (kayaks and life vests available), if you have a boat take advantage of our boat mooring (10m max) and then relax in the evening on the deck as the sun sets before going to view the glow-worms and listen out for kiwi and morepork calls at night in the bush.
- Great local beaches for swimming and surfing
- Go snorkelling at Reotahi Marine reserve
- Spectacular local walks a very short drive away
- Fishing and diving trips (by prior arrangement)
- Cycle the Hatea Loop in Whangarei
Seclusion does no necessarily mean remoteness. Should you want a hearty meal and a cold beer or old fashioned fish & chips the local Paura Bay Tavern and New Day Cafe are both only a few minutes drive away while finer dining is available throughout the area.